Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Sleep Monitor

All moms go out and get the best baby monitor and set it up perfectly so they can keep close tabs on the baby. So, of course, we did the same. Actually we went to Babies R Us and registered for the most expensive (because it has to be the best, right). We didn't want the responsiblily of doing the researching all of the blah blah blahs...after all, expensive means better, right? Whatever.

Anyways, we got the nighttime vision, vibrating, walkie talkie type of monitor. Very high tech. When the baby cries, we can put it on vibrate so we don't actually have to hear her cry. It just vibrates once it gets to a loud enough level. Sweet! Now my boobs don't throb everytime the baby monitor screams at me. Though now I'm a bit nervous that I might train my body to lactate everytime something vibrates. Hmmm, where I could go with that last statement but this is a family show.

Let's talk the night vision...it's a bit alien like. When she looks at the screen, all you see is a scary white head and black beady eyes. Creepy. The eyes just stare at the screen and it almost feels like she's staring right through the monitor to you.

It is a bit funny when it's Jon's turn to put her binky back into her mouth. I can spy to see if he actually picks her up or just does his duty.

It truly is a cool gadget. I'm excited to see what we do with it after we stop using if for Addison...hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. There's apparently no privacy in the Moller's castle! It sounds like same approach might be needed when she turns 16 ;-)

    ReplyDelete