Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mom's Groups

For those of you that have kids and don't have a mom's group...BIG MISTAKE! A few weeks ago, my sister came out and made me feel guilty for not joining a mom's group so the over-achiever that I am, I joined 2. One of the Mother's Club has a program that the members bring dinner to new mothers. I had a total stranger bring me over homemade chicken enchiladas! And last night someone else brought us dinner from Whole Foods. It was AWESOME! Neither person left out the most important thing...dessert! I couldn't believe it. This was the greatest thing ever!

The other mother's club is hilarious! We all just sit around in a circle (cum bah yah style) and ask questions that you only have the nerve to say in your head (or out load at the 3 am feeding when no one in the world is awake...not even the child suckling on the teet). We talk about what happens to the breast feeding when the kids starts to get teeth, how to interview a nanny (that's a story to be told at a later date...EKKK!), how soon we could start to have (dad, close your ears) sex, and other interesting topics. These are all discussed while women are whipping out their boobs to feed and rolling up their sleeves to change diapers. Good times. The only thing missing is the large glass of wine...though this type of group looks down on the drinking while nursing. Nothing can be perfect.

Then Mother's Day came around...what a perfect day that I overlooked so many times in the past (sorry mom). Jon woke up and cooked breakfast, cleaned the house, did the night time feeding with Addison. Man! I didn't see this one coming. The only bummed thing about this day is that I have to wait 363 days until it's here again. DAMN!

So this mother thing is not all cleaning diapers and not showering for days on end...it does have its perks. Ah crapper....she's up from her nap. Back to the grindstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment