Friday, May 1, 2009

Reach Around Perfected





Ok...get your mind out of the gutter and keep that seat belt on.

As I'm not getting out a bit more, I'm finding that Addison is a bit bipolar when it comes to car rides. She can either be out like a light or she can be wailing at the top of her lungs. Well, if it's the latter, it can be very stressful. So I have perfected the reach around. While I'm driving, I can reach back, find the binky and stick it in her mouth for a few moments of silence before she spits it out again. It took a few trys and I wasn't always on the varsity squad. I missed many times mostly hitting some chin rolls but admittedly we did hit an eye once or twice.

This skill is VERY important if you are driving on your own. I would first try it at 3 am on the free way (no one else is out there) then you can slowly graduate to the big leagues.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of her. She is 6 1/2 weeks now (47 days to be exact). She's smiling a lot more...either because of more gas or pooping more...but we like to think of it as she's finally starting to recognize her parents. We like that avenue of thought much better.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mama T-Dawg. Love your blog. You are too funny. Perhaps you should write a book about first time motherhood. I'm super impressed you went down to Sea Otter. Must've been fun to see the thing in good weather and not give a crap how many Riders Club members got signed up! Ha! I can't wait to see Addison later this month when we're down for Porter's wedding. She is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to comment on the profile pic...but Tara that is the cutest picture of her. She sleeps just like me...both arms above the head :) Too precious, I can't wait to meet her!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that Selim cries as soon as the car stops, so I have picked up a very bad habit. If I see a red light ahead of me, I stop 10-20 ft from the car in front of me and keep jerking and inching the car forward to keep us "in motion."

    I tried the sticking paci in while driving thing and dropped it on the floor. Yuck!

    btw, do you need me to tell you that she's adorable?

    ReplyDelete