Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Road Trip


Let me back up. I just got so excited that she actually slept through the night that I actually forgot what scarred me in the first place.

We decided to see how she would do overnight in a hotel. We packed up the car which is another thing that will change a new mom's life. Do you know how much crap one little human needs? Good thing for my swanky SUV or we would have never fit all of it in. WIth the stroller (that we never used, the pack and play (that she wouldn't be caught dead in) and the freaking bouncing chair (this one actually saved our life) we were packed to the gills.

It all started on Thursday when she actually never stopped crying for more than 30 minutes. Me thinking this was a blessing in diguise...she would actually sleep the night while we were staying in the hotel...NOT! She howled and shrilled throughout the wee hours of the morning only to slumber once day break came. If there was anyone staying next to us, I would have felt the urge to pay for their room (just an urge, I'm too cheap to actually bite the bullet).

Well, all was not lost. The weather at Sea Otter was hot (of course I only packed flanel outfit so she sweated her ass off...bad mom). I unloaded her out of the car and got her settled in the Bijorne just to have her drop a big load. Good times. Unpack her, change the pants, and load her back up. What a trip?!? The good thing is that we snapped a quick picture to prove that we were there...got in the car and headed home. Mommy slept in the back seat so as to save herself from having a nervous breakdown. Ahhh, family trips. Maybe we'll try again in say...10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment