Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sleep Walking

So I think both Jon and I are stressing about me going back to work but Jon tends to tell me about it in his sleep. On Saturday night we had a date night complete with dinner and dancing (what are we 70 years old?!?). Don't judge, it was with my mother's club and it was AWESOME.

Anyways, we may have had a few cocktails too many because that's when Jon does all kinds of great things in his sleep. He has tried to change Addison's diaper (PS. in this story Addison was his pillow). It was so hilarious waking up to him sitting up in bed trying to swaddle his pillow. I asked him what he was doing and he said that Addison had a dirty diaper. HA!!

The most recent incident, that night he was trying to turn off Addison's bouncy chair. I woke up to him digging under the covers. He has his whole body down by my feet with his butt up in the air (think child's pose) fumbling around to find the off switch to her bouncy chair. He said "Tara, I'm trying to turn it off so she can go to sleep." Calmly, I said "You are still sleeping, right?" He said "yes" Then I calmly said, "You don't really have Addison under the covers, right?" He said no and said he had to go to the bathroom. Instead of going in the bathroom only a step away from the bed, he decided to go to the 2nd bathroom when I heard a big CRASH! He decided that he wasn't going to open his eyes and accidentally went into the kitchen where we just installed a safety gate. Needless to say, it was an eventful evening.

All the while...Addison is passed out in her crib. Ah bliss.

1 comment: