Sunday, August 9, 2009

OH MY EYE!

After paroozing the blog to see how many inappropriate (not to mention worthy of child services coming to get me) entries I've posted...when low and behold, I've forgotten to tell one of my favorite stories to date.
This is a story of a mother's quick reaction to avoid a possible awkward doctors visit. As you all know, Addison has been teething since 3 months old (oh how fun for Daddy and Mommy). A couple of weeks ago she was ubber cranky so I busted out the Tylenol. I wish I could say that Mommy uses it very rarely but it's that or drinking a few glasses of chardonnay to calm the babe's nerves. I have not resorted to the brandy on the gums yet but I'm not above it or judging anyone who has done it...desperate times calls for desperate measures. OK...back to the hysterical crying story. Addison has reached bullhorn level when I reached for the Tylenol drops. As I was closing in on her mouth with the little dropper full of the secret silencer, she batted my arm away. It was as if the small little bit of Tylenol was falling in slow motion and it landed in the worst place possible....HER EYE!

The screaming went to a whole new level and the only thing I could think of at that split moment was to lick the drop of Tylenol out of her eye. Yes, I dove down with my tongue to lick my baby to safety. Once she settled down (only a few seconds later because I think I caught her off guard as much as I caught myself off guard) I darted for the bathroom and grabbed a wash cloth (which would have been the better option in the first place).

No harm, no foul. She was out like a light in a matter of a few minutes with nothing to prove of my mother lion, little cub mishap.

It did leave me laughing hysterically for days after. She is one tough cookie.
Here are some photos of tummy time and our monthly mother's club meeting. She's 4 1/2 months old . CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment